Thursday, October 6, 2011

JERZDAYYY!

I know I haven't blogged since LAST Jerzday, but I have a reason!  Friday I was really tired so I just went to bed early, and I was really busy over the weekend.  My Puppa passed away on Sunday morning, and Monday through Wednesday I was at home.  My dad came and got me Monday night, so I would be able to go to his wake and funeral.  My Puppa's wake was much more different than my grandma's.  There wasn't as many people at his mostly just the immediate family and friends of his girlfriend, or both him and his girlfriend.  Not too sure.  We all just hung around for a while then I went home with Auntie Lindsay, and tried to fry eggs.  I realized that I wasn't cooking them the way I wanted to; I wanted them over easy, but I kept getting them hard.  Oh well! So I just scrambled them.  Later I hate like 1/2 the bag of cheez-its. hahha!  Then Wednesday morning we went to my Puppa's funeral.  My cousin Robyn was supposed to read along with my cousin Jenna, but Robyn didn't feel too well so my dad read for her.  Before he even got up there he tried to get me to read it, but I said nuh-uh! I didn't want to go up there!  After the service we started the procession.  Since my Puppa is a WWII vet he had the flag draped over his casket all through the wake and service and even at the cemetery.  Now, I have never been to a military involved funeral (thankfully), but it was really interesting and that's where it got more emotional.  After the priest (?) gave his sermon 2 men came, maybe in the army since that's what my Puppa was in.  One stood saluting his casket while the other played "Taps" off in the distance.  That's the SADDEST song I've ever heard!! I thought they only did that in movies, but no it's a real song!  Then once they were done with 'Taps" the man who was playing it stood saluting, and once they were done they began the folding of the flag.  The only time I have ever seen the flag folded was during a how to speech in Public Speaking.  Seeing it done for real was VERY different.  They didn't say all the commands in those loud voices instead one just tugged on the flag to signal that it was time for the next fold.  It was so emotional by that time!  Out of all my uncles, my uncle Fred was the only one who joined the Army.  So my Uncle Pete, Uncle David, and Elaine all thought that Uncle Fred would appreciate the flag more than they would.  They didn't tell him that he was going to get the flag, so when he was given the flag he just started to cry.  It was really sad, but we were all happy that he got it so it was nice.  Now I am back at school, and I am waiting for Jersey Shore to come on in 5 mins!!!!!!!!!!! And everything I just said is why I didn't blog the last week! Very very busy!  Only 3 more episodes before Snooki, JWOWW, Sammi, Ron, DJ Pauly D, Vinny and Mike "The Situation" leave Italy... ='( In the words of Snooks WAAAHHHH

No comments:

Post a Comment